Thursday 31 May 2007

Whale sharks suck

I've just got back from my repeat whale shark tour and the three spotter planes couldn't find any whale sharks for me again! I don't get another free repeat and can't shell out another AUS$350 to try again, so I have to say good bye to this opportunity to see whale sharks. There will be another time one day somewhere...

I did do a dive on the reef though and we snorkelled, I saw a huge rough-back sting ray on the sandy sea bed, quite a few turtles, and another few manta rays - one at a cleaning station surrounded by little fish eating its parasites - but nothing anywhere near the mantas of 2 days ago. We also saw a pair of minky whales swimming & breaching ahead of the boat for about 15 minutes. They were pretty cool.

I have 4 more dives booked before I leave Ningaloo Reef so hope to see a lot more stuff.

No comments: