Saturday 2 June 2007

So long Western Australia

I only have a few more days in Western Australia so here are some of my highlights, excluding the mantas (see blog posting below).

Western Australia


Tomorrow I'm hiring a car and going to Coral Bay, Turquiose Bay and the Oyster Stacks, which I've heard are all great beaches with top snorkelling.
Then tomorrow I dive at Lighthouse Bay in the day then get the Greyhound back to Perth in the evening.
I fly to Alice Springs on Wednesday and start a 3-night camping safari tour around the Red Centre, e.g. Uluru (Ayres Rock) and Kings Canyon.
On the 11th June I fly to Cairns and next day I hop onto a live aboard diving boat for 4 days & 3 nights. The boat is called "Reef Encounters" if you want to google it. I'm going to do an advanced diving course while on board, plus the boat sails around the outer Great Barrier Reef where the diving is much better. I will also do one or 2 night dives which will be a first for me.
The day after the live aboard finishes I get onto the Oz Experience bus for the start of my journey to Brisbane. First leg will be Cairns - Townsville (about 10 hours). From Townsville I have booked a dive trip to the Yongala wreck, which is one of Australia's top dive spots (which implies one of the world's top) and my first wreck dive so I'm really excited about that! I'll also visit Magnetic Island from Townsville.
After Townsville I head to Airlie Beach, which is where I will sail to the Whitsunday Islands from. That trip isn't booked yet and no more of my bus journey is certain, but I hope to take in Bundaburg / Hervey Bay for trips to Fraser Island and Lady Musgrave Island, which is a small idyllic desert island Sam told me about with fantastic snorkelling.
So plenty to look forward to. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fraser Island is beautiful. Try and get there if you can. We are off to a barbie today at Palm and Maz's and the sun is out for once - hurrah!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.