Saturday 19 May 2007

SHARK!

I took my underwater camera out for a dive at Sodwana Bay - one of South Africa's and even the world's greatest dive spots. We dropped in for my first dive and I couldn't believe that 2 short-nosed blacktail reef shark were waiting down there for us! Between 1.5m and 2m in length I'd say.


Sodwana Bay, South Africa



As well as the photos here, on my second dive I saw one very large turtle, a giant moray eel and a couple of potato bass (grouper family), as well as a juvenile Emporer angelfish which was stunning. Check out google images of one:
http://images.google.co.za/images?hl=en&resnum=0&q=juvenile%20emperor%20angelfish&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

I loved my diving and recommend it at Sodwana Bay. Other groups at Sodwana who went to deeper reefs than I did saw whale shark! We stayed at a place called Coral Divers which has individual chalets, it's a training centre for PADI open water, dive masters, instructors etc so is set up very well.

No comments: