Friday 4 May 2007

Road Trip: Day one - 3 motor offences!!

What a start. We'd only been driving a few hours when Sam got trapped by the cops with a speeding camera. We knew she'd been caught cos all 3 cops waved and smiled as we flew by them! At a place called Swellendam I took over driving and hadn't even been driving 5 minutes when I went through a Stop sign getting back onto the main road. Apparently Stop signs are a big thing over here and the police car that saw me do it sped after with lights flashing - she was very nice though as she wrote out my R500 ticket. To top it all I think I got flashed by a fixed camera just outside Mossell Bay that evening.
So an expensive first day on the road, but lessons have been learnt!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fast was the speeding camera going? Dad

Sam and Andy said...

Very funny. Dad joke!