Friday 22 June 2007

Singing in the rain

I'm in Airlie Beach now and depart this afternoon for the Whitsundays on my maxi sailing yacht, called "Hammer". It's still raining but it's not too cold today so it shouldn't stop me snorkeling or taking lots of pictures of the islands.

After a few comments from my concerned friends about me getting depressed about the rain, just wanted to clarify that I would much rather be here than back in London at work, and it's not that bad really I just think it would be even better if the sun was shining! At least I am not at risk of sunburn... the local newspaper reports this morning that yesterday was the coldest June day in the area for over 50 years and maybe since records began. See how lucky I am - witnessing records being smashed!!

Airlie Beach is much more lively than Townsville & Magnetic Island, so it should be a fun place to stay for 3 days after my sailing trip returns on Sunday.

Bon voyage

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.