Wednesday 8 August 2007

Skydiving is easy

I had a great instructor (Alex who called me "bro" a lot but I don't think we're related), perfect weather, and it was brilliant!

I jumped from 15,000 feet (which is as high as you can go) and had 60 seconds of free fall at up to 120mph before the 'chute was deployed.

Luckily I'm as hard as Tarzan's feet so I didn't even get very nervous. I'm so extreme. Unlike the bungy there was no fear about jumping and after the initial shock of falling through the air - very strong and loud wind, freezing wind - I was able to look about at Lake Taupo below me and the surrounding snow covered volcanic peaks. Beautiful.

A wicked experience, but for fear factor and adrenalin-rushing highs I would recommend a bungy jump.

I've put some photos here taken from the ground, but the DVD I got is 5 mins long so would take about 3 hours to upload onto the blog. I'll have to show you it when I see you.

Skydive

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pink Plane. Wow. Extreeeeeeme!

Bro