Monday 30 July 2007

Extreme: NZ's highest bungy at 134m

Nevis Highwire


Oh yeah, I took it on and conquered my fears... just! It was sooo scary. I felt fine for the most part even when I was in the chair having my leg harness attached I was not too nervous. But inching out towards the edge of the platform and looking down 134m to the Nevis River made me suddenly very scared. It makes no sense to jump of into mid-air.

I mustered up the courage to jump at the end of the countdown and the jump was even scarier. It's really high so there's plenty of time to pick up speed and it felt like a very, very fast fall - the fall takes 8.5 seconds and you get to just 20m above the river!

The fall was such a rush. I screamed all the way down out of pure excitement & fear, screaming until my lungs were empty!

Sorry there are no photos of my actual jump, the guy I asked to be my photographer took a really good movie clip of the jump instead, but at 75Mb it's too big to email you guys. If anyone (Dan Haley?) knows how to upload a movie onto Picasa using an internet cafe that won't allow me to download software, then I'm all ears.

I'm feeling very extreme today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You screamed? Girl.

Bro

Anonymous said...

Well done And, where do you go from there?

Pleased I knew about your adventure AFTER the event!!

mum x

Dan said...

Hi Juice

Go to video.google.com and you sign in with your Google account. You can upload anything up to 100MB. Looking forward to seeing you jump!

Dan

Anonymous said...

You're all man....

Sam and Andy said...

Tnanks Dan. Thanks Caz, you're totally right! Cheers bruv - it was more a manly bellow than a scream actually! Mum, I am on my way to Milford Sound now, then tom start to head up to the North island.
Think that's all the queries addressed.

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean "where do you go from here?" as in destination, more as, what follows such an exciting event!!! Twerp, but still happy to be your mum! xx